$40,000 to $46,000 Annually
Dental, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Competitive pay, incentive-based bonus structure, excellent work-life balance.”
We are an insurance defense law firm in downtown Tampa looking for an experienced legal assistant/scheduler. We offer a competitive salary and benefits after 90 days, 2 weeks vacation time, 1 week sick time and 10 paid Holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling of hearings, meditations, depositions, conferences, and other events as directed by the Attorneys.
- Drafting, proofreading and/or disseminating legal documents and correspondence as directed by the Attorneys.
- Answering phones, speaking with clients.
- Receive, process and distribute incoming mail and pleadings
- Timely and efficiently handling tasks as directed by the Attorneys.
- Making travel arrangements and hotel reservations when necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, in a fast paced environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems including, but not limited to word processing, electronic and physical records management;
- Knowledge of basic legal concepts and processes;
- Knowledge of the civil litigation process;
- Knowledge of court procedures including, but not limited to Florida E-Filing (ECF)
- Knowledge of computer applications including MS Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook, internet and research;
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task when necessary;
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload;
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal);
- Problem solving and analytical skills; and
- Advanced time management skills and ability prioritize assignments for self and others.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 – $46,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Legal Assistant: 2 years (Required)