Why Work Here?
“We are a small law firm that does not hire very often and we are currently looking for the right individual to join our family.”
Busy personal injury firm is seeking a fluently bilingual receptionist/assistant, preferably with 2+ years of plaintiff personal injury experience (however, no specific experience required). Responsibilities include handling all telephone communications and otherwise directing the information flow in a fast-paced environment. Additional duties include assisting with document management and file management.
While this position does not require specialized legal skills, the position could possibly grow into a paralegal job over time, given the right candidate. To assess your suitability for this position, before your application is reviewed, we require you take the two assessments presented as part of the application process: (1) Attention to Detail, and (2) Written Communication.
This position is FULL-TIME only (please, no inquiries about PART-TIME hours), with the following hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The hours are firm, and the position is for employment in our professional office in TAMPA.
Full benefits offered: 401(k) plan with employer matching, generous vacation paid days off, bonus, and other perks. We are a small law firm with a big law firm compensation philosophy.
We are seeking an individual with an EXTREMELY high level of “people” skills — someone who is able to deal with high-pressure situations with grace, and be charming, firm, and liked by clients / vendors / co-workers, all at the same time.
We are also seeking an individual with an EXTREMELY high level of attention to detail. This position will require frequent communication with other attorneys and assistants via email and telephone in order to schedule meetings, follow-up on correspondence requests, and otherwise get people to do things they don’t normally want to do. The right candidate will be able to clearly and professionally communicate to ANYONE as required, including via email, social media, or in person.
This position is for the TAMPA office. Please respond with resume attached. ***Do not apply for this position if you are not fluent in Spanish.***
Job Requirements /Qualifications :
- Bilingual. Must speak Spanish fluently, and be comfortable speaking Spanish in a practice where over 50% of clients speak no English
- Preferably have minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in plaintiff personal injury, but will train the right candidate if no experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and internet research
- Must be able to answer a large volume of phone calls on a daily basis and follow-up with document requests in a timely manner
- Outstanding client service skills, in a practice where clients are not merely numbers, and where clients expect a personal touch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities effectively
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial assistance to attorney
- Answer incoming telephone calls and direct as necessary
- Coordinate and schedule meetings in multiple offices
- Transcribe dictation
- Organize and maintain files
- Input data into case management system
- Perform other clerical duties as required’
‘Work Remotely No (but possibility of remote work in the future exists if conditions change)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Although this position is on-site in Tampa, we are taking precautions and staggering work days with other employees to minimize in-person contact. Additionally, visitors are required to make an appointment when entering office spaces.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tampa, FL 33609: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Interview process will be partly conducted remotely via Zoom. Are you able to join a video chat via Zoom?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Required)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish fluently (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location