Legal Secretary – First Party Property
Prestigious National Law Firm is looking to hire a sharp legal secretary with insurance defense experience for their Downtown Miami office. Very busy practice so they’re looking for someone that takes initiative and has strong organizational skills. Candidates with at least 5 years of experience will be considered.
Firm offers excellent benefits and salary, depending on experience. Immediate opportunity!
Legal Secretary Insurance Defense – Job Duties:
- Set hearings, depositions, mediations and meetings for attorney
- Calendar deadlines for discovery, trial, etc.
- Scan and save all documents and mail into AIM
- Prepare documents for filing with court (hearing notices, mediation notices, deposition notices, notices of filing, etc.)
- Process all invoices for subpoenas, document requests, deposition transcripts, etc.
- Save all email correspondence between attorney, paralegal and opposing counsel
- Transcribe dictation for attorneys
- Update/Keep track of case list, trial list and closing of files
- Open new files – run conflict checks, request parties to be added to AIM, set up new file
- Communicate with clients, opposing counsel and vendors
- Handle travel arrangements for attorneys
- Set up conference room(s) for client meetings
Legal Secretary Insurance Defense – Requirements:
- 5+ years of legal secretary experience
- Excellent computer skills; including Word, Excel & Outlook (Power Point is a plus)
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, team player and the ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of court rules, procedures, deadlines, e-filing and production of legal documents
- Ability to accurately maintain files and calendaring
Similar Job Titles:
- Litigation Legal Assistant
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Litigation Paralegal
- Legal Assistant Insurance Defense
- Insurance Defense Legal Secretary
If you have the experience and would like ot learn more about this outstanding opportunity, please contact Lilliana del Real with Legal Search Solutions at Lillidr@TopLawJobs.com