ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s growing our Tampa office and is looking for a CAD Design Manager to join our Land Development practice. This position is a hybrid remote/office option. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic organization and become an experienced member of a growing team while working on assignments throughout Florida from initial scoping through construction for a wide range of land development projects.
- Develops engineering drawings, conceptual plans, and exhibits for a variety of projects ranging in size and complexity
- Plans, researches, and produces contract drawings based on constraints defined by the project engineer, review agencies, and client needs
- Designs utility systems based on information, schematics, and calculations prepared by project engineers
- Recognizes and resolves potential construction conflicts and difficulties identified during design
- Aids in the preparation of technical specifications as requested by the project engineer
- Estimates number of sheets and contract drawings as well as production time required for design staff
- Ensures overall consistency, technical accuracy, and design on projects
- Implementing and advancing VHB’s Model Based Design (MBD) initiative to elevate project deliverable as the industry progresses toward digital delivery including model management
- Participate in project kickoffs, develop model execution plans and verify design being developed to the project standards
- Provides oversight, direction, management, mentoring, training, and ongoing open communication to design and production staff, including quality control assurance
- Intermittent communication with clients to communicate project status, changes in conditions or other key points of information related to design efforts
- Coordinate with corporate and office MBD leaders and coaches on developing and documenting best practices and transferring this knowledge to office staff
Skills and Attributes
- Effective written, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills produce high-quality deliverables in an efficient manner
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
- Motivated to lead and mentor others on CAD and drawing production procedures
- Has a persistent initiative to continually learn new technical practices and to earn the confidence of clients, company management/colleagues, and regulators
- High school diploma
- 10+ years of experience in CAD design for all types of Land Development projects; 15+ years of experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in basic construction practices for civil construction, be able to generate drawings for engineers, and make suggestions for further development
- Must be proficient in Civil 3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in plan set production for Tampa Bay area and other Florida projects
- Knowledge of GIS is plus
- Experience with Autodesk tools including Autodesk Construction Cloud, Infraworks, and Infodrainage is preferred
- Knowledge in collaborating with architects working in Revit on projects a plus
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this over 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
We are VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience, which includes:
- Diverse and inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Community and social responsibility as sustainable stewards
- Focus on learning, development, and career growth
- Best-in-class benefits, including flexible, hybrid workplace
We are consistently rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is a proud Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Since our founding, we have intentionally fostered a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion—supported by deep-rooted core values, one of which is diversity. All individuals receive consideration for employment based on their qualifications without discrimination for race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.