- Jones Edmunds, one of ENR’s top 500 design firms, has an exciting opportunity for a Implementation GIS Systems Analyst. Our asset management software implementation group is expanding and we have an immediate need for a full time candidate to join our team. We are seeking teammates to assist with the implementation of Cityworks AMS/PLL software suite for municipal and county governments throughout the state of Florida… and beyond. Knowledge of, or experience in the public works, utilities, or municipal government sector is a plus.
- The Implementation GIS Systems Analyst uses geographic information system expertise and applications to perform billable services to satisfy client needs profitably. This position is recognized as the technical expert with GIS spatial analysis. The Implementation GIS Systems Analyst develops, plans, and implements complex GIS applications software for the system users and operators; designs and develops complex GIS database models and templates; writes, edits, installs, and verifies programs, and edits programs for accessing, maintaining, linking, and populating databases; develops and presents GIS system and cartographic mapping elements; integrates GIS elements with other technology for marketing and web-based communication; responds to difficult inquiries from end-users regarding GIS requirements; transposes complex data from records maps, CAD drawings, county landbase maps, demographic models, economic resources, and other source documents into GIS and/or related database; and develops, maintains, and implements policies and procedures that ensure the accuracy of GIS information is maintained.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Technical Responsibility
- Direct the work of GIS Analysts and GIS Technicians on a project-by-project basis.
- Work with Project Managers and team members to maximize profitability while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Acquire, develop, build, and update relational databases.
- Manage and analyze complex datasets.
- Provide expert advice on issues related to spatial data analysis.
- Translate application of GIS spatial analysis to practical real-world situations for clients.
- Provide technical expertise during proposal development and client presentations.
- Provide technical mentoring and training to clients and co-workers.
- Maintain and implement policies and procedures that ensure the accuracy of GIS information is maintained.
- Prepare concise and correct written correspondence.
- Work independently or as part of a team to perform technical activities consistent with project plans within project scope and budget.
- Track progress on project tasks relative to scope, deliverables, schedule, and budget.
- Provide consultative value to clients.
- Develops and implements testing strategies.
- Ensures implemented products meet company requirements. Conducts training of new products to ensure smooth implementation.
- Assists in creating and updating product documentation.
- Communicates project status, issues and risks to management.
Quality Program Responsibility
- Provide quality control review of work product on projects to ensure they meet Company, industry, and client standards and expectations in accordance with Jones Edmunds Quality Program.
- Responsible for the quality of work submitted. Review work before submitting it to the next review level.
- Adhere to project deadlines and keep the Project Manager informed of any difficulties encountered on assignments.
- Complete peer reviews of work in a thorough and timely manner to ensure the quality and service our clients receive.
- Review the work that was completed under his/her direction.
- Submit work for quality control review on time and in a complete format.
- May manage tasks as part of a larger project.
- Participate in developing technical papers and presentations.
- Assist in developing client proposals for projects to ensure a complete scope that meets Company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
- Interact directly with clients on technical issues.
- Present a professional and positive image of Jones Edmunds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: BS/BA in Geography, Planning, Computer Science, Engineering, GIS, or related field
- Registration: None
- Certification: None
- Other: Experience working with RDBMSs, demonstrated competence with GIS software applications
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable MVR
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/AA/DFWP
Jones Edmunds & Associates will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
As a condition of employment with Jones Edmunds & Associates any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle report.