NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we’re committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 500,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR’s multi-billion dollar business operations.
As a Land Entitlement Manager, you will work with our industry-leading home building team to coordinate/manage the zoning and entitlement of projects, establish budgets and deliver on target within projected timelines. In performing your responsibilities, you may work with third party counsel, consultants, engineers/architects, contractors and other professional service providers as needed to prudently assess, entitle, deliver and complete projects.
Those who are deal-oriented and understand the dynamics and challenges of the local land market in the current real estate climate will be challenged and feel rewarded in this role. Your ability to demonstrate an understanding of strategies to take advantage of current trends and adjust entitlement efforts accordingly will make you an asset to NVR’s team.
- In conjunction with land acquisition team, evaluate prospective new unentitled (“raw”) land opportunities within specific target areas
- Determine probability of rezoning approvals based on political environment, historical performance and professional resources
- Work with municipal planners to identify growth corridors within municipalities which match their Comprehensive Growth Plans
- Conduct feasibility analysis including Land Planning, provide yield, on-site and off-site cost analysis, and develop project entitlement and timeline expenses.
- Manage Feasibility process to include review and recommendations on title, Phase I environmental report, geotechnical studies, topo, endangered species, utility availability, traffic impact and any other relevant aspects of the project, which may impact cost or timing.
- Manage entitlement process including applications, design, engineering, submittals and permitting for targeted projects
- Assist the Land Manager with transfer of the project entitlements to development partner/assignee to ensure seamless transition
- Serve as a liaison and “area expert” for developer partners to help coordinate administrative and permitting issues that may arise, including coordination of platting processes.
- Development of preliminary development budgets and timelines
- 5 years’ experience in land entitlement or civil engineering project management
- Bachelors Degree
- Residential Real estate entitlement / development experience
- Background in land planning, law, engineering or real estate
- Homebuilding industry experience, a plus
Life at NVR
We offer benefits among the best in the industry, including a home purchase discount and Employee Stock Ownership Program. Our benefits reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.