The UAB Division of Infectious Diseases seeks a Program Manager I to join a dynamic global research team. This position will support the research portfolios of several successful global ID research faculty with diverse international and US research programs. Under supervision, this position will be involved with components of pre- and post-award administration including grant submissions, subaward contracting, and annual progress reports. In addition, this position will be involved with grant and general ledger accounts with monthly reconciliations and projections. This position will monitor effort and effort reporting for various staff and faculty. This position may also be responsible for research-related program support including complicated travel organization for UAB staff and global collaborators, reimbursements, fee-for-service contracts, and shipping. Positive interaction with international and local research collaborators and institutions will be required. Must be self-directed/self-motivated; must have good communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. Must be able to accept responsibility for the direction, control and planning of an one’s own work and work independently. Must exhibit flexibility and cope effectively in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment, perform effectively when confronted with critical, unusual situations, demonstrate the quality work ethic and maintain a customer focus.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Under supervision: read and understand Request for Applications and other application solicitations and application instructions
- Create timelines and checklists for grant submissions
- Work with faculty and staff to assist with project budgets and justifications
- Interact with sub-award sites and collect required documents
- Understand the components of submission and assemble the submission
- Partner with the Office of Sponsored Programs to meet requirements
- Under supervision: read and understand the terms and conditions of Notice of Award letters
- Build and process subcontracts and annual amendments
- Update and carefully monitor grant budgets, accounts, and expenditures and track alignment with project and spending goals
- Set-due dates for and assist with post-award reporting such as annual progress reports and other required reporting
- Process and track sub-award invoice payments
- Initiate financial processes such as rebudgets and cost-transfers, serve as a liaison between PIs and researcher sites, collaborators, and sponsors.
- Other Fiscal (in addition to monitoring grant accounts).
With limited supervision
- Assure proper accounting, monitor and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Track, check, and plan effort and labor sources for research teams and faculty
- Guide partners in iSupplier registration and renewal.
Special Projects. With limited supervision
- Initiate approval processes and contracting for special projects such as international travel for collaborators, fee-for-service contracts for services received and rendered
- International shipping of supplies.
Actively engage with new training
- Engage with learning opportunities related to research administration via SOM, department, division, sponsor and UAB resources including: seminars; administration meetings; symposia; newsletters; notices.
- Actively discuss sponsor and UAB policies with colleagues
- Read and understand and implement current and new UAB and sponsor policies.
- Update and create administration process protocols as needed.
Salary Range: $41,175 – $66,915
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- And two (2) years of related experience required.
- Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.