- COMANCO offers a competitive compensation and benefits program, including: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Short-term disability plan paid by COMANCO, Long-term disability plan, Basic Life insurance paid by COMANCO, Voluntary life insurance for employees and their dependents, Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness Coverage, Premium Only Plan – Section 125, 401(k) Plan and Company Matching Funds, Vacation pay and Holiday Pay, Employee Referral Incentives, Anniversary Recognition Program, Wellness Program with incentives and rewards.
POSITION: PROJECT ENGINEER
COMANCO, a nationwide construction company, is offering a promising career opportunity for a Project Engineer. We are actively seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Project Engineer to join our construction management team. This role is ideal for those who recently graduated and are aspiring to work for an established and highly successful construction company.
As a Project Engineer at COMANCO, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the safety and excellence of our projects. The ideal candidate will excel at building strong, enduring relationships with clients and vendors, thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, and be willing to travel as necessary.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with Management.
- Assist PM with verifying the clarifications in the proposal were transferred accurately from proposal to P.O./Sub-contract/Contract before Management approval. Obtain all pertinent notes and email correspondence related to the project from Estimating.
- Attend pre-job planning meetings to gain an understanding of the project scope, estimate and phase codes involved in the cost coding of the project’s expenses, when requested by a PM. Complete pre-job planning meeting electronic check-list.
- Create a detailed job book, complete with specs, plans and forms for the project Superintendent
- Attend pre-construction and project progress meetings, when requested by a PM. Represent COMANCO in a professional manner.
- Follow up with project personnel, PM, and Safety Department to ensure the proper Safety measures are implemented to complete the project with no injuries or accidents.
- Process contracts, customer purchase orders, and associated documents as requested by PM.
- Create and maintain a document control system that includes logging, tracking and reporting for shop drawings and RFI’s
- Assist with the project buy-out and preparation of COMANCO purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Assist with creating and issuing subcontracts for all subcontractors performing any work on COMANCO job sites. Request COI and W/C insurance certificates from subcontractors and verify they are current.
- Setup and maintain submittal log files in Spectrum to include logging and tracking.
- Scan any and all project related documents into Spectrum. Retrieve and reprint documents when requested.
- Process shop drawings to include logging, tracking, processing, mailing, and reporting.
- Assist PM with tracking the delivery of materials and the work of sub-contractors.
- Assist in the preparation of draw requests and customer billings.
- Assist PM with creating change orders and tracking change orders in Spectrum.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Invoice customer on a frequency that maximizes project cash flow, as directed by the PM.
- Confirm all customer payments are received when due.
- Review A/P invoices and ensure COMANCO has been invoiced correctly for materials received. Follow up on open commitments on issued PO’s.
- Verify labor, equipment, and expenses are coded to the proper phase of the project.
- Review Heavy job daily logs and approve daily timesheets to ensure accurate reporting of man hours, equipment hours, production quantities, dispensed fuel and equipment meter readings, when requested..
- Assist with panel layout and construction schedules.
- Actively seek new ways to increase productivity and reduce costs to increase project profitability: the goal is to complete the project realizing the estimated gross profit margin.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with project closeout: Complete and review project close-out documents, including warranty, QC documentation, as-builts, waivers, bond requirements and operations manuals, as requested.
- Attend the post-job review for each completed project and assist with completing an electronic check-list and distributing information to all project related Company personnel.
- Regularly provide project related updates to the Company quarterly Newsletter, website blog, and all social media platforms.
- Assist in a post-job review for a completed project.
- Be involved in and understand cost projections procedures. Not doing this task unassisted but shadowing an experienced employee.
- Review and have a general understanding of COMANCO Subcontract and PO terms so vendors and subcontractors can be managed effectively.
- Understanding of reviewing the fully executed Contract for a project and verifying any clarifications from Estimating are carried over into the Contract if allowed by the terms.
- Review expense reports and understand coding system for project related costs.
- A 4-year degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business, Accounting or a combination of related coursework and experience is required.
- Prior estimating and/or construction management experience is preferred. Knowledge of estimating, scheduling, and project management software.
COMANCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Drug-free Workplace under Federal Law