Construction Company is a family of builders committed to developing teams who
do the right thing for our projects, our clients, and each other. Every year,
we celebrate team members who have been with the company for 10, 20, 30, and
even 40-plus years. What is it about Manhattan that makes people stick around
offer large company benefits and professional development opportunities with
the care and concern of a family-owned business. At Manhattan, you get:
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- A positive, friendly, and team-oriented workplace with caring leadership.
- Professional development and leadership programs.
- To work on exciting projects for your community.
- Security and stability working for a financially strong company.
- More opportunities to grow your career through our multiple U.S. office locations and affiliated companies.
out the details in our Career Development Booklet on our website: www.manhattanconstructioncareers.com
Manhattan sounds like the place for you, share your resume with us!
The Project Manager manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome for assigned projects. The Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff. The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare preliminary schedule and work with the Superintendent to develop and update the master project schedule monthly
- Perform constructability reviews and work with Estimators on alternate construction means and methods, site logistics, general requirements, hoisting systems, and staffing requirements
- Participate in preconstruction meetings with Owner / Architect – monitor document design and development, establish goals and milestones for document packages and generally monitor project development to ensure it can be procured within budget and on schedule
- Purchasing trade packages as assigned by the Project Director
- Review and approve subcontract drafts before issuance to Subcontractor
- Ensure a fully executed contract, with bonds and insurance, is in place before work begins
- Staff projects accordingly and assign project team responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all standard company processes and utilization of technology (Prolog, BIM, etc.)
- Manage accounting functions and budget. Prepare schedule of values or cost loaded schedule and implement billing process in accordance with company guidelines and contract terms. Expedite Owner payments and establish positive cash flow
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor schedule of values, invoices and accounts payable. Ensure on-time payment to Subcontractors and Vendors
- Prepare and submit owner Change Order Requests, review Owner Change Orders and prepare Job Cost Budget Updates
- Responsible for accurate cost coding and quantity reporting for self-perform Work
- Prepare and Submit accurate monthly Project Status Reports. Identify and manages risk and opportunities proactively and develops mitigation and capture strategies
- Monitor the progress of construction activities on a regular basis and hold status meetings with subcontractors
- Manages delays and associated cost or time impacts
- Assist the company in marketing and business development efforts and advise management of potential project opportunities
- Prepare detailed as-built cost breakdown for input into historic cost database
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others
- Other duties assigned
JOB SKILLS & ABILITIES GUIDELINES:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Proven experience of Manhattan document control and schedule software
- Thorough understanding of the industry
- Understanding of contracts and risk management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good math/accounting skills
- Strong management skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong decision making/ problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree- Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- 8 years of industry experience
in 1896, Manhattan is a top-ranked national construction services firm that provides
preconstruction, construction management, program management, general building,
and design-build services. Manhattan’s award-winning portfolio includes
mission-critical, sports, healthcare, government, education, laboratory,
aviation, transportation, convention, casino, and hospitality facilities.
Manhattan is a:
- 20-time Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC)
- ABC 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 Top Performing Contractor
- Ten-time STEP Diamond Safety Award Winner
- 2017, 2021, and 2022 National Safety Pinnacle Award winner.
- 2023 Great Company To Work For (Oklahoma Magazine)
the fifth generation of Rooney family ownership and headquartered in Oklahoma,
Manhattan focuses on building trust and building excellence. We pride ourselves
on our uncompromising commitment to ethical conduct, safety, and making
fiscally sound business decisions to support our clients’ long-term goals, team
members, and project partners. For the same reasons we have so many tenured
team members, we also have been fortunate to work with many clients for
decades, some for over half a century.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
Manhattan Construction will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to Manhattan Construction will be considered the property of Manhattan Construction. Manhattan Construction will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. Manhattan Construction will not be obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. Manhattan Construction only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with Manhattan Construction from third parties must be through our Human Resources Recruiting department. Outside recruiters are asked not to contact our hiring managers directly. Any contact made outside of the Manhattan Construction Human Resources Recruiting Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and Manhattan Construction.