Suffolk is a national enterprise that builds, innovates and invests. Suffolk is an end-to-end business that provides value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging its core construction management services with vertical service lines that include real estate capital investment, design, self-perform construction services, technology start-up investment (Suffolk Technologies) and innovation research/development.
Suffolk – America’s Contractor – is a national company with more than $5.0 billion in annual revenue, 2,600 employees, and main offices in Boston (headquarters), New York City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Estero, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. Suffolk manages some of the most complex, sophisticated projects in the country, serving clients in every major industry sector, including healthcare, life sciences, education, gaming, transportation/aviation, government, mission critical and commercial. Suffolk is privately held and is led by founder, chairman and CEO John Fish. Suffolk is ranked #8 on ENR’s list of “Top CM-at-Risk Contractors.” For more information, visit www.suffolk.com and follow Suffolk on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Suffolk is seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We’ll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We’ll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you’ll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to leverage your inherent curiosity and proven capabilities to catapult you to the next level.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating all necessary project resources and documentation throughout the entire project lifecycle. This includes the maintenance of budget and schedule, and the management and administration of all contractual requirements, agreements with trade partners, purchase orders, meeting minutes and shop drawing logs. This individual also manages risk, insurances, general work performance and quality, and overall team progress against the project plan through consistent communication and collaboration with the owner and project team members.
- Lead and communicate with Suffolk Field Supervision, Subcontractors and Vendors to assist them in working to the Project Schedule
- Represent Suffolk with Owner(s), Architects, Consultants, Government Authorities, Vendors and Subcontractors
- Administer financial aspects of the Owner’s contract, subcontracts, and purchase orders
- Build effective working relationships with clients and the Suffolk project team members
- Project Start-Up:
- Review the general contract and contract documents and confirm the budget setup and project milestones
- Create a schedule of values and project logs, plan for project safety and mobilization, including review and validation with team members
- Purchasing process and document control:
- Maintain the buy schedule, write scopes of work, distribute and log subcontracts, write required contract riders and purchase orders, and confirm compliance with project insurance requirements
- Review subcontractor references, obtain Subcontractor bonds, and maintain project files
- Maintain and manage all purchase and delivery schedules, change order processes, shop drawings, document control logs, Owner, Architect and Subcontractor correspondence
- Work with Purchasing in setting up/executing trade buyout including defining scope of work, authoring Exhibit B’s, ensuring scope coverage, coordinating buy and project schedules
- Meeting Management:
- Attend all schedule and management meetings necessary to monitor and manage the project, chairing as appropriate
- Financial Management:
- Manage all requisitions and payments including lien releases and project payroll and maintains best possible cash flow throughout the project, communicating issues proactively
- Project Closeout:
- Deliver all necessary manuals to the Owner, consolidates project documentation and files
- Manage subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list process
- Deliver all warranties, as-builts and training to the owner
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or applicable discipline and experience relative to project size/scope
- 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent business judgment demonstrated by consistently achieving profitability objectives and strong project close-outs with client and subcontractor relationships in good standing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions
- Ability to consistently analyze and execute financial trade-offs which frequently involve dealing with incomplete data and ambiguity
- Ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Suffolk business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations
- Possess judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Able to quickly study and react to complex issues
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action
- Team leader with excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to handle and resolve conflicts effectively in a firm but fair manner
- The ability to manage and embrace change. Respond and adapt to new processes and new ways of looking at old problems
- Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism, and Caring
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.