Join Our Team
Consider a career with Hammes if you are interested in being a part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment! We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare and one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management by Pensions & Investments.
Founded in 1991, Hammes is a vertically integrated real estate solutions platform. Our capabilities include real estate strategy and planning, project management, development, investment and property management for healthcare clients and other leading institutions. Hammes is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s top healthcare developers by both Modern Healthcare’s Construction & Design Survey and Revista’s Outpatient Healthcare Real Estate Development Report.
The Senior Project Executive is required to take a leadership role in the execution of all aspects of assigned healthcare projects. The individual must possess a strong understanding of all aspects of the development process and a strong track record as a project manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assists partners, planners and associates in performing project feasibility analysis.
- Conducts project visioning sessions with client’s senior management.
- Leads the A/E qualification, selection and contract negotiations.
- Leads the qualification, selection and contract negotiations for other team consultant members.
- Reviews, negotiates and approves A/E and consultant additional work requests
- Supervises the programming and planning efforts of the selected architect.
- Performs site analysis and investigations.
- Develops and adheres to detailed development budgets and schedules.
- Obtains required project public approvals (CON, Zoning, Annexation, Site Plan Approval, Wetlands, other Processes).
- Provides design direction and managing the overall design process.
- Reviews design development and construction documents to determine adequacy.
- Leads the GC or CM qualifications, selection and contract negotiations.
- Evaluates the adequacy of all construction allowances, contingencies and general conditions.
- Provides construction administration in adherence with the Company’s policies and procedure manuals including the Facility Development Project Manual.
- Reviews and negotiates GC or CM change order requests.
- Monitors the GC or CM performance for areas of potential risk.
- Coordinates physician office suite development.
- Provides project cost control and prepares timely and accurate monthly budget reports and invoicing.
- Coordinates the selection, procurement, delivery and installation of medical and other equipment, signage and furniture.
- Prepares monthly reports to clients.
- Creates project overview and status report presentations to clients’ administration, Board and Board Committees.
- Promotes the services of the Company through thought leadership, speaking engagements, client leadership and/or business development efforts.
- Collaborates with others within the Company to reach client goals and objectives as well as overall Company success.
- Uses e-Builder software throughout the project.
- Embraces the Company’s culture and works collaboratively with others to reach business goals and objectives.
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Executive will provide strong leadership and oversight for Project Executives and Project Specialists. This position will assume responsibility for the efficiency, effectiveness, and professional development of the team, and will carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred and a minimum of 8 years of progressive healthcare project management experience in leading and managing complex projects.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and performance leading planning, design, preconstruction, contract negotiations, cost control, scheduling, and team coordination activities.
- Excellent project budgeting, contract negotiations, and scheduling skills are essential for success in this position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze data to the client and team to achieve project goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal healthcare clients.
- Strong ability to multitask, work independently and manage all aspects of a construction projects effectively and efficiently.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Windows application. E-Builder experience is strongly preferred.